I thought I was that mom who was WAY too laid back to need a video monitor for my baby…so we got the beeping, annoying sound monitor and used it for a really long time. Then the day every mom dreads came…my son crawled out of his crib and fell. That day we took the crib apart and turned it into the toddler bed. Then our restful nights of sleep were over. He got up and came in our room about 50 times…or just cried all night long.
Sound familiar to anyone?
So we took everything out of his room the next day that he could climb on…or so we thought. For the next few nights we could hear all kinds of bad sounds coming from his room but had no idea what he was doing in there. So we finally gave in and bought a video monitor!
That night, I heard a weird sound and when I looked at the monitor, I could see his face staring back at me!!!
That might not seem like a big deal to you, but let me show you were he was sitting (at about 15 months old) to look in the monitor…reenactment of course:
So we removed the knobs on his dresser (which made it really hard to open the drawers) and had a LONG talk with him about how he needed to stay in his room at night and that he could call for us if he needed us. After a few tearful nights, he did really great at staying in his bed and we were SO proud of him!
Because of a video monitor…and lots of prayer…our son goes to sleep in his room at night, is willing to stay in there alone, and only wakes up if he needs to use the bathroom. This wasn’t an easy road for us but we are REALLY happy since baby #2 is on the way 🙂
Now which video monitor do we use?
I have the Levana Ovia 2 Camera Monitor and we love it…I had another one before from another brand but it’s charging cords didn’t last.
Why I love this new monitor from Levana:
- The monitor I have came with two cameras (you can use up to 4 on one monitor) and they can silently scan the room with a touch of a button from the monitor in the parent’s room. That means you can see what your toddler is doing no matter where they are in the room.
- You can talk to them from your room through the monitor. We do this sometimes to tell him to go ahead and come to our room in the mornings when he wakes up. Tip: Play with the voice feature during the day because if the first time he hears your voice in his room is at night time, you are really going to freak him out. 🙂
- This monitor is portable and the battery can last almost 24 hours without recharging!
- The Ovia monitor can record video and take pictures that can be downloaded to your computer. You can record what your child was doing (either cute or not) to show your spouse later that day.
- You don’t have to worry about someone hacking your monitor or interference with other devices. We were constantly having interference and static with our other monitors but not with this Levana monitor.
Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that my climbing, active 3 year old is safe in his room. In a house where our rooms are really far away from each other, the video monitor makes me feel likes he’s right there with me.
This is one of the two cameras in his room and the monitor in my room to show you how their size:
We made a little video to show you what I think his nap time would be like without a video monitor! #boymomproblems
Ok, now for the fun part. Me and just a few other bloggers are giving away 3 Ovia monitor and camera sets on our blogs. Enter below to win:
If you love the Ovia Monitor and want to learn more, click here! Think you need one too?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Levana. The opinions and text are all mine.