We all have stress…sadly it’s something every person on Earth has in common almost on a daily basis. There are so many ways that the world deals with their stress including alcohol, pills, and drugs. There’s got to be a better way.
Luckily there are LOTS of different ways to relax in your every day, crazy wonderful life. Here’s my list of ways to cut the stress out and have a little fun too!
1. Read your bible every day. Choose a time and make it a priority. It will reduce stress and remind you of what’s important.
2. Go to bed early. You will feel SO much better the next morning when the kids are knocking on the door.
4. Say no sometimes…the event will go on without you.
5. Say yes too! I know…I know…I’m contradicting #4 but don’t be a recluse locked up in your house all day. Do something to make your life better!
6. Pray every single day. Sometimes you will need to pray every hour 🙂 Teach your kids to pray continually too. Probably the most important lesson you will ever teach them.7. Take a few days (or months) and organize the house so everything has it’s place. Then teach your family where those places are so they can take care of their own belongings.8. Go somewhere for the weekend. Even if it’s in the neighboring town. Just get out of your normal routine for a few days and recharge.
|We went to Colorado Springs for the weekend and had the BEST stress-free weekend…and we were potty training 🙂
9. Take a bath…I mean a long bath where your toes and fingers are wrinkled. Light candles, turn on great music, and just be. I have a Pandora station just for baths and LOVE it!
10. Take a nap sometimes. There’s a reason you make your kids do it every day.
11. Don’t use credit cards outside of your budget. Money problems are the worst!
12. Play with you kids every day. Go down the slide, jump on the trampoline, play hide and seek.
13. Don’t think about the future too much. Think about each day as it comes and appreciate it.
14. Don’t worry about something that you have NO control over. Pray about it and as Elsa’s says “Let It Go!!!”
15. Splurge on something every once in a while for yourself. I only go to a spa about once a year but it’s so fun, the positive effects last for months 🙂
16. Slow down. You don’t have to break the world record for getting your kids in their car seats every day.
17. Keep a gratitude journal. Every night write a few things in it that you are thankful for. Over time, you will look back and realize how blessed you were, even when you were going through a stressful time.
18. Make friends with people who share your faith and morals. If one of your friends is a Negative Nancy, let her go or limit your time with her.
|My Bunco girls…some of these girls were my BEST friends in my previous town and I think it’s because we shared a common faith. Can you tell I like to be the center of attention? 🙂
19. Go to your favorite store all alone with your favorite drink and just shop around. My perfect afternoon would be having a HUGE Dr. Pepper and hitting all of my favorite craft stores all by my lonesome. (I guess unlimited funds would make it even better but oh well)
20. Doodle. You don’t have to be an artist to do this. This book
will help you get started if you need a little inspiration!
21. Watch a movie or show that really makes you laugh and smile. A feel good movie like You’ve Got Mail, even playing in the background while you do the laundry, can really turn your day around.
23. Dance around the house with your kids to loud music. They love it and I promise you will too.
24. Forgive people
. Holding a grudge really causes stress that only hurts you.
25. Smile at everyone you see. When they smile back, you brought a tiny bit of happiness into their life and might have even made their day.
26. Remember your kids are not a burden, but a gift from God. If you can remember that when they are screaming in Walmart, you won’t get as stressed. Kids REALLY know when their mommies are stressed and that stress can rub off on them too.
27. Don’t gossip. This one is SO hard for me but I can’t ever remember feeling less stressed after bashing someone.
28. Go outside in the sunlight. Even if it’s just to get the mail…just get outside and take a deep breath. If you have more time, go on a walk and admire the work of God’s hands.
|Walking in the mountains is just an added bonus!
29. Have extra keys in case of emergency. You never know when your car keys will be hidden by your toddler and you are late for church. 🙂
30. Light a candle and read (or blog) while your kids take a nap.
31. Get take out when you are too busy to cook or put something in the crock pot in the morning so you get home to a house full of yummy smells.
32. Stretch while you watch TV.
33. Let go of the “Norman Rockwell” image of what you thought motherhood was going to be like. Embrace the imperfections that make your life unique.
34. Make someone else a homemade gift
. I love to go into a friend’s home and think, I made that!
35. Go buy a mat and do some yoga. I use this book’s exercises
and although I’m not a pro, I feel great afterwards.
|I think his form might be better than mine 🙂
36. Don’t go to social media when you are stressed. Most people actually feel MORE stressed after a quick Facebook session so stay off for a few days if you need to.
37. Look at pictures from a day that held great memories for you. I love looking back at pictures of when I first brought my son home or when me and my husband went camping. Those great feelings will give you an instant pick-me-up.
38. Go to church every time the doors are open. I promise the relationships and the encouragement you will receive will make your day, week, and life so much more fulfilled and happy. Teach VBS, cook dinner for a family who lost a loved one, do it all! Your kids will also benefit more than you know.
|He’s been going to church since he was 2 weeks old and loves Bible class and VBS.
39. Take some BIG deep breaths. It’s going to be ok 🙂
40. Trust God.
How do you keep the stress monster away? Do you already do any of these tips I have shared? I would love more ideas because we all could use them!
This post contains affiliate links and all opinions are 100% my own.